How does the world’s largest aircraft, the Antonov AN-225, get off the ground and fly? What are the incredible innovations behind the world’s tallest building, Dubai’s Burj Khalifa? And what breath-taking engineering triumphs make the International Space Station the most innovative and expensive superstructure ever built?
Superstructures: Engineering Marvels, is a brand new six part series from Pioneer Productions, currently airing on National Geographic, reveals the extraordinary feats of engineering hidden inside the world’s most spectacular man-made constructions. Each superstructure is taken apart using computer generated graphics and insight from world class specialists to reveal the size, scale, and startling innovations that turned each of them from dream to reality.
Thomas Viner, Creative Director, Pioneer Productions, says “More than ever, modern structures hide their fascinating engineering secrets deep inside - Superstructures: Engineering Marvels is a fantastic opportunity to look inside some of the world’s most spectacular constructions, and reveal how they really work.”
The six episodes in the series look at:
- Monster Plane - How does the world’s largest aircraft, the Antonov AN-225, get off the ground and fly?
- Ultimate Cargo Ship – Uncover how the giant cargo ship GPO Amethyst transports huge structures across the world by partially submerging underneath them.
- Space Station - The International Space Station is taken apart to uncover the engineering behind the most expensive structure humans have ever built.
- Tallest Building - The incredible innovations behind the world’s tallest building, Dubai’s Burj Khalifa.
- Biggest Dome – Take a look under the largest free-spanning dome in the world, which covers the Singapore National Stadium.
- Giant Car Plant - This episode uncovers the engineering and production innovations hidden inside it Germany’s Wolfsburg factory - the largest car plant in the world.
Superstructures: Engineering Marvels (6x60’) is a Pioneer Production for National Geographic. It is currently airing on National Geographic on Thursdays at 8pm. It is Exec Produced by Thomas Viner and Series Produced by Mike McDowall for Pioneer Productions, and the Exec Producer for National Geographic is Sue Davidson.
It was announced yesterday that the popular Netflix show, Sugar Rush, will be returning for a Christmas series this November.
It’s the present worth waiting for - Sugar Rush Christmas is here! Hunter March, Candace Nelson and Adriano Zumb...
It has been announced that Nailed It! Holiday! is returning to Netflix this festive season.
Nailed It, the show where everyday home bakers attempt to recreate amazing treats…and don’t always get there. From ginge...
Passion Distribution appointed international distribution partner for ITN Productions and ITV News' Harry & Meghan: An African Journey
London, Monday 21st October 2019 - Passion Distribution has been appointed worldwide distribution pa...